Kingscourt School provides an outstanding quality of education.
Following a thorough inspection by the School Inspection Service in January 2016, we were delighted with their report.
School Inspection Service, January 2016
- Pupils’ academic achievement is outstanding
- All pupils make excellent progress and achieve high standards
- They do well in entrance examinations and almost all are successful in going on to the secondary schools of their choice.
- Teachers are deeply committed to the success of their pupils
- The curriculum is broad, with lots of different things to learn.
- A very strong feature of the school is the numerous clubs, trips to interesting places and visitors who come to the school to talk to the pupils
- Pupils’ personal development is outstanding
- They develop in self-confidence and become increasingly understanding of themselves and others
- They get on well with each other and are polite to adults
- Their behaviour and attendance are excellent
- They are increasingly aware of concepts such as democracy and the reasons why it is valued and have a strong understanding of different cultures
- The school’s procedures and actions to safeguard pupils and minimise risk are outstanding so that pupils feel safe at school
- The school’s leadership, management and governance are outstanding.
- In the Early Years Foundation Stage, leaders and managers have high expectations so that children make rapid and consistent progress in a range of skills
- Children are well prepared for moving on to Key Stage 1
- Staff take great care to ensure that the EYFS environment in which the children are working is safe