Kingscourt School provides an outstanding quality of education.
– School Inspection Service
Following a thorough inspection by the School Inspection Service in January 2016, we were delighted with their report.
Independent Schools Inspectorate, September 2019
Report for a Progress Monitoring Visit
- The school has an appropriate policy for safeguarding which provides suitable arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils at the school.
- Pupils confirm that they have a range of trusted adults in school in whom they may confide any worries and say they feel safe and happy in school.
- The school has suitable procedures for first aid, pupils who are unwell and those with long-term medical conditions or disabilities.
- Many staff are trained in first aid, including paediatric first aid, so informed help is always available whenever pupils are present and away on school trips.
- The proprietors ensure that those with leadership and management responsibilities demonstrate good skills and knowledge appropriate to their role, fulfil their responsibilities effectively, and actively promote the well-being of pupils.
Independent Schools Inspectorate, March 2019
- The teaching enables pupils to make good progress, encompasses effective behaviour management and is supported by suitable resources.
- Principles and values are actively promoted which facilitate the personal development of pupils as responsible, tolerant, law-abiding citizens.
- Pupils are properly supervised; admission and attendance registers are maintained, as required, and there is a strategic approach to risk assessment.
- The school makes appropriate checks to ensure the suitability of staff, supply staff, and proprietors and a register is kept as required.
- A range of information is variously published, provided or made available to parents, inspectors and the Department of Education. These include details about the proprietor, the ethos of the school and the curriculum, and of the school’s arrangements for admission, behaviour and exclusions, bullying, health and safety, first aid, details of the complaints procedure, and the number of complaints registered under the formal procedure during the preceding school year, and the provision for any pupils with education, health and care plans or English as an additional language. They also include particulars of the school’s academic performance during the preceding school year, inspection reports and (for parents only) a report at least annually of their own child’s progress.
- The proprietor ensures that the leadership and management actively promote the well-being of the pupils.
School Inspection Service, January 2016
- Pupils’ academic achievement is outstanding.
- All pupils make excellent progress and achieve high standards.
- They do well in entrance examinations and almost all are successful in going on to the secondary schools of their choice.
- Teachers are deeply committed to the success of their pupils.
- The curriculum is broad, with lots of different things to learn.
- A very strong feature of the school is the numerous clubs, trips to interesting places and visitors who come to the school to talk to the pupils.
- Pupils’ personal development is outstanding.
- They develop in self-confidence and become increasingly understanding of themselves and others.
- They get on well with each other and are polite to adults.
- Their behaviour and attendance are excellent.
- They are increasingly aware of concepts such as democracy and the reasons why it is valued and have a strong understanding of different cultures.
- The school’s procedures and actions to safeguard pupils and minimise risk are outstanding so that pupils feel safe at school.
- The school’s leadership, management and governance are outstanding.
- In the Early Years Foundation Stage, leaders and managers have high expectations so that children make rapid and consistent progress in a range of skills.
- Children are well prepared for moving on to Key Stage 1.
- Staff take great care to ensure that the EYFS environment in which the children are working is safe.